Tuesday, April 29, 2008

this is from the first Kern i ever did. I think it may already have been linda's fourth or fifth. this is from the randsburg stage. a very weird old cool ghost town in the middle of nowhere at the top of a long straight road up into the hills. we stayed in the cottage hotel. i recall that stage was miserably difficult with debbie allen pulling the two of us in the field through the wind until she'd had enough of us and rode off. then the other woman took off and i was alone in the mojave. just me and my drool thinking i will never do this race again. then linda appeared and we rode together. i was so freaking happy it was over. i remember seeing the finish line beneath my wheel and praising the almighty that it was done. seems it's always like that.

11 comments:

elis said...

Sounds like Kern to me!

I'm going to miss it again this year for my brother's graduation. Poo.

Ippoc Amic said...

and then we stopped to pee...

Velo Bella said...

I don't usually have to pee until about 3 days after Kern

marscat said...

what is it with you people and peeing?

- Minnie

Ippoc Amic said...

It felt like we had been out there at least 3 days

Denise said...

Great pic.....

Anonymous said...

How is it that i actually "miss" going to Kern? I need my head examined.

marscat said...

we think the dingo needs to come to kern...

chatterbox said...

weather forecast predicts epic misery this year...I'm starting to think that the heat waves are my doing, as there's been one at every stage race I've done.

You are going this year, right? I didn't see you regged yet, but saw Linda. Anyway, I hope you will both be there!

marscat said...

oh yeah we'll be there...this is linda's 12 kern...crazy girl

marscat said...

oh yeah we'll be there...this is linda's 12 kern...crazy girl